Sealex joint sealant, specially processed, 100% pure PTFE on a roll, provides soft, highly compressible gasketing for longer life and trouble-free sealing. Its form-in-place versatility also cuts maintenance and storage costs. The high compressibility of Sealex enables it to effectively fill flange imperfections for a tight, leak-free seal. Under pressure, it provides a wide, thin, ribbon-like seal. Unlike conventional PTFE which is prone to cold flow, Sealex has good creep resistance and bolt torque retention properties.
Sealex joint sealant does not support bacterial growth or cause product contamination and is FDA compliant. It has virtually no shelf-life concerns since PTFE is unaffected by normal environmental conditions.
Sealex has excellent resistance properties to chemical attack. It is ideal for most chemical services at temperatures to 500°F (260°C) and pressure to 2,000 psi (138 bar). It is also suitable for cryogenic use to -321°F (-196°C).
The sealant is available in roll form which helps reduce storage space, and is available in a wide variety of thicknesses and lengths.
Easy to Use Sealex
Just follow the simple installation instructions. Select the size Sealex®. Use a size with nominal width of between 1/3 and 1/2 of the effective flange sealing width.
- Make sure that the sealing flanges are clean.
- Cut off a length of Sealex® just a little longer than the actual circumference of the perimeter of the seal.
- Peel off the adhesive protection strip, and press the Sealex® into position. Cross the free ends of the Sealex® adjacent to the bolt hole.
- Bolt up the mating surfaces using the recommended clamping force and bolt tightening patterns.
Sealex joint sealant can be used wherever reliable gasketing is required
- Fume ducts
- Concrete lids
- Heat exchangers
- Fiberglass reinforced plastic vessels
- Pump or compressor housing flanges
- Steam vessel flanges
- Glass joints
- Ceramic joints
- Water systems
- Valves and piping